Friday, August 6, 2010

Hi Friends!

Happy Friday friends! I am so thankful that it is the weekend and that it is time to relax and have fun at home and doing our weekend activities! (Not that work during the week isn't fun...just a different kind :))

I moved out of my Minneapolis apartment in May, but have been storing stuff there since then. Yesterday was the day I had to go and move it out of there. I got an SUV that is larger than my Corolla so that I could move the couple pieces of furniture that were still there. I totally thought that there would be a sufficient amount of room, but boy was I wrong! I forgot that I still had three, large pieces of furniture there, a TV, and A LOT of other stuff I had left there so the apartment wouldn't look bare and empty! I am sooo blessed that I had my sister there to help me pack everything and load it up. It took us three hours to do that and then Grant came over and helped us clean for the last two hours. The time ended up totaling FIVE HOURS with the three of us! Think about how long that would have taken if it was just me!

Next Tuesday is a very special day...it is my husband's birthday! He will be turning 23! I am planning a party for him on Sunday. I have not mentioned it to him yet, so I am thinking that it might be a surprise...not quite sure yet. I am going to try to work really hard to finish cleaning all of the clutter out of our apartment over the next two days. We have so many piles of things that are waiting to be returned, put in storage, or put as decor in our home! It is a great time to have people over because it will force us to hunker down and get it done! Wish me luck in this time of beautifying and organizing our home!

Any ideas to make my sweet boy's birthday get-together even more fun than it will already be??? What do you usually do at your family birthdays?

Love, Jodi :)

1 comment:

  1. Hiii Friends!
    Yay for your hubby bday. Mine handsome's is coming up on the 23rd. Hm, no suggestions really but I am sure he will enjoy just being with you! The Thurston Tradition is breakfast in bed... you could surprise him to breakfast when he wakes up?? Love!

    ReplyDelete