Monday, August 2, 2010

A Fun-filled Weekend :)

This weekend was SO amazing! We had so many fun things packed into three short days.

Friday: We have half-days at work, so I was able to go home and take a three hour nap! I have not been able to do that in a very long time, so it was much appreciated!

After my nap, my dad and I went to the Twins game and...THEY WON! It was such a great game and I always love watching them play. We have a few more games before the season is over.

After the game, my dad and I stopped over to my sister and brother-in-law's new home to see them and drop off some furniture. They are moving in SO fast. I think their home will be organized before ours and we moved in a month ago!

Saturday: Grant and I were invited over to a special breakfast made by our friend's mom, Mrs. Jacobson. It was so delicious. We had swedish pancakes, the most delicious bacon ever, and blueberry tea. This breakfast was in honor of a special guest and new friend (Ashley) that we had in Minnesota this weekend!

The afternoon was spent at the MOA on a double date :) We went on a couple rides and then ate at Bubba Gumps. The food was so good. We all shared 1 1/2 pounds of cajun shrimp. One of my new goals is to make that shrimp...someday.

Saturday evening finished up with some work at Chili's. My husband and I were able to close the restaurant together :)

Sunday: It was a very interesting morning. Grant and I played in a softball tournament that started at 8am. We had five games and all I will say is that I am very very sore today. It hurts to walk, laugh, and pretty much move. But it was a great way to start off my new exercise plan! I almost forgot...we were the champions and our reward is a jacket with our names on it (I will remind you that it is Bostrom :))

After that tournament, Grant played in ANOTHER softball tournament for men.

We finished up the night with swimming, pizza, popcorn, and a movie. So wonderful :)

I hope that all of you had an exciting weekend and I would love to hear about it. Leave a comment :)

Love, Jodi

2 comments:

  1. We were wondering where you guys were this Sunday. Did you guys win all the games on Sunday? Grant said you won the tournament last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Friend!!
    This sounds like a LOT of fun! I lovee hearing about what your weekend is like. That is super fun you and Grant closed the restaurant together. How CUTE is that??? Very fun!
    :) Mrs. Bostrom!

    ReplyDelete