Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Double Date :)

When Ashley (Andrew's girlfriend) was here two weekends ago, we had planned to treat the boys to a dinner cooked by their significant others (us!). In return, they said that they were going to do something as well. Well the night they planned occured last night and it was SO wonderful! I am somebody that absolutely LOVES surprises and that is just what we received!


I went over to the Jacobson's house at 6:00pm (I might have been a little late ;)). When I got there, Ashley had directions to a surprise destination that we were to go to while the boys were cooking for us at my apartment. We drove all the way to Eagan and discovered the boys had set up an appointment and paid for us to get a manicure AND pedicure. It was so delightful!


After we were finished being pampered, we headed back to the Jacobson's house with instructions to dress up. From there, we headed over to my apartment for dinner. We got out of the car, walked into the hallway of our apartment, opened the door, and...the boys were all dressed up, standing in candlelight, waiting for us with a rose in their hand! It was sooooo sweet :)

After that, they served us a candlelit dinner and French Silk pie for dessert. I absolutely loved it. As I think about how amazing they are to have done that for us, I am reminded of what Jesus did for us...died for our sins so we can be reconciled to Him! Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. It really was such a wonderful night! Thank you for reminding me, Jodi, of how it relates to the glory of God!

    ReplyDelete