Thursday, May 6, 2010

Obstacles & Triumphs



I was driving on my way home from class today and the song "Free To Be Me" came on the radio. I am sure many of you are familiar with Francesca Battistelli's major hit. I was listening to the lyrics and related them to my own sinful human nature.

"...and You've got great plans for me, though I can't always see, 'cause...
I got a couple dents in my fender, got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together, but perfection is my enemy
And on my own I'm so clumsy, but on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me"

I know it is true of myself that I sometimes forget the Lord's control and plan in my life and I try to take life on myself. Therefore, I need to constantly remind myself that the Lord has our best interest in mind when leading us through life and its obstacles. He is maturing and refining us.

"2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
-James 1:2-4

I encourage you, along with myself, to give your obstacles and trials to the Lord. Don't take it upon yourself to figure it out because...If we have Jesus on our side, who can be against us?

Lastly, I would also like to encourage you to give your praises and triumphs to the Lord as well. Let us glorify our Lord and Maker :)

Have a blessed Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment