Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Beginning of a New Page

I started my internship with the company SC Johnson on Monday. This is the company that makes and sells Windex, Pledge, Glade, and Ziploc to name a few. I work in the Shopper Buyer Marketing Department which means that I work directly with the customer-the retailer Target. We focus on making Target happy by creating ways to convert consumers into Target guests and once they are Target guests, to increase the frequency of their visits and purchases.

It has been such a wonderful surprise as to how structured and professional this internship is. To begin, I have my own large office. When I walk into it, this is what I see...







I am currently working on making it more personal and decorative. And this is my little desk area...



So far, I have had a lot of introduction meetings and meetings that inform me of the retailing and marketing industry. It is all very new and a lot to take in and process, but it is very interesting and will benefit me in the future.

I now have a few projects on my plate that I need to start working on, as they have much shorter windows and deadlines than school projects :) I will say...Although it is a very professional and high achieving office, the people there are very fun and enjoyable to be around. I will give you more updates as my time there progresses!

Have a blessed Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment